Sunday, August 25, 2013

Calm Down Jars...

Ok, so I tried these multiple times before I figured out the best way to make them and I'm going to give you a few tips!
1. You will need the following ingredients....
     a. glitter glue (if you want the water clue, buy clear- if you want the water colored buy that color...etc)
     b. glitter (the large flaked glitter) 
     c. warm water
     d. I searched and searched Walmart for PLASTIC wide mouthed containers that were not to large (kids could fit their hands around) that had flat bottoms (important because the first few trial runs I found that the glitter gets stuck in the crevices of the bottles if they are not flat!) and finally landed on PLASTIC (so if dropped by a student in my classroom there won't be a watery clean-up) Planters peanut containers. Now I am allergic to nuts, so this involved me wearing gloves and sterilizing the heck out of these containers to make sure that not only me but any student who came into contact would not have an issue.... but they work great!
     e. You will see in  my clear jar I added a few extra things to make it more visual (ribbon, beads, stars chains and fake snow)  
     f.  Peanut jars are not water proofed... so you will need to super glue them shut- I also put a piece of plastic bag in between to make sure they were sealed... again didn't want any watery accidents!
Ok, so when actually making the jars- It is absolutely important to fill the jar only half full with warm water and then add approximately 1 tablespoon of glitter glue per cup of water (so if your bottle holds 4 cups then you use 4 tablespoons of glitter glue). Then shake the jar well until all the glue is mixed in well with the water. You don't want to see any lumps. Once they are mixed then add all your extra goodies. If you add all the stuff at once they glitter will adhere to the glue and become large clumps of glitter glitter glue... yuck! Not a pretty affect at all! That's it! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment